2018 AgriSETA Discretionary Grant funding
AgriSETA was established as the Sector Education and Training Authority for the economic sub-sectors that include primary and secondary agriculture through the Skills Development Act of 1998.
2018 ACADEMIC YEAR & 2018/2019 FINANCIAL YEAR
BURSARIES, INTERNSHIPS, LEARNERSHIPS AND ARTISAN DEVELOPMENT
Learnerships 18.1 and 18.2 applications shall also be included in this window period, the rest of learning programmes shall be during November to January application window period.
AgriSETA invites all AgriSETA levy paying employers, Commodity Organizations, NGO’s, CBO’s, Community Based Cooperatives and small BEE firms to forward applications for
Bursaries, Internships, Artisan Development and Learnerships 18.1 and 18.2 and NVC.
PLEASE NOTE – DUE TO THE HIGH VOLUME OF APPLICATIONS RECEIVED BY AGRISETA IN THE PAST, STAKEHOLDERS ARE ADVISED TO LIMIT APPLICATIONS TO ABSOLUTE SCARCE AND CRITICAL SKILLS AS PER NSDS III
Only attached application form will be accepted which can be found under the Skills Delivery menu, AgriSETA Learning Programmes. www.agriseta.co.za
Applications are open from the 01 September 2017 to 31 October 2017.
Applicants will be informed of the outcomes during December 2017 / January 2018.
Only properly completed and signed application forms shall be considered for evaluation.
Learners should be supported by Employers in the agricultural sector in completing the (Employer section) of the application form.
Attach all required documentation with your application (not CV’s).
From 1 September 2017, AgriSETA will introduce Online application system, please visit AgriSETA website, Home Page,
- a) INDICIUM (Red) – SDF/USER LOGON,
- b) Online Discretionary Grant Application.
Upload all signed documents when using online application system.
No late application will be considered.
NOTES FOR BURSARIES
- Please note that only agricultural related qualifications shall be supported for unemployed learners while ONLY levy paying companies can apply for other qualifications supporting their enterprises.
- Employed learners may ONLY apply for funding limited to their actual expenses related to the learning programme.
- No funding shall be provided to students who receive funding from other Government sources.
- During application, proof of academic record, certified ID copy and proof of admission from the learning Institution are required.
- Once approval is granted, proof of contract between the learner and the employer (during contracting), proof of registration and fees breakdown structure for unemployed learners.
- Priority shall be given to Scarce and Critical skills / Occupations in the agricultural sector such as: (Please see a list of Scarce and Critical skills on www.agriseta.co.za), example:
- Please provide the 2017 Examination results when applying for bursaries.
- Learners who have been funded the previous year and would like to continue with the same qualification, are supposed to re-apply (Continuations).
Veterinary NQF 8
Agricultural Scientist NQF 8
Agricultural Farm Manager NQF 7 etc
Funding for Internships shall only be for learners who require practical exposure in order to obtain a qualification in agriculture.
LEARNERSHIPS 18.1 & 18.2 & NVC – PLEASE NOTE THAT ALTHOUGH THE APPLICATION IS NOW, IMPLEMENTATION SHALL ONLY BE FROM 1 APRIL 2018.
The allocation of funds will be aligned to the AgriSETA strategic objectives with emphasis on the Sector Scarce and Critical Skills. Some of the training interventions that preference will be given to are amongst others, but not limited to, the following occupations/interventions:
- Farm Equipment/Machinery Operator
- Landscape Gardner NQF 3
- Forklift Driver NQF 2
- (Please see a list of Scarce and Critical skills on www.agriseta.co.za)
FUNDING CATEGORIES – Please click on the relevant learning programme to downlaod the application form
- The value of the Grant per learner for:
o Employed learners (18.1) R19 292.00
o Unemployed learners (18.2) R23 108.00
o Allowance per learner(18.2) R9 624.00
- The number of learners per application should preferably not exceed 15 per application.
o R50 000.00
o R45 000.00
o R37 500.00 (Under Graduate)
o R60 000.00 (Post Graduate)
- Discretionary Grants are made available to employers in support of workplace skills development as well as to unemployed learners in assisting them to gain access to skills development and improve their employment opportunities and/ or to support entrepreneurship.
- Preference will be given to applications that support the Agricultural Sector Scarce and Critical Skills reflected in the AgriSETA Sector Skills Plan (SSP). A comprehensive list of Scarce and Critical Skills is available on our website under Skills Planning tab.
- Applications should be properly completed and all required supporting documents must be attached. Incomplete applications and the use of wrong application forms will not be considered.
- Applications is viewed as coming from the employer NOT necessarly from the Service Provider.
- Tax Clearance Certificate and the Tax Compliance Status Pin.
- Applications should reach AgriSETA not later than 31 October 2017, 16h30. No late applications will be considered.
- Application forms are available on the AgriSETA website (www.agriseta.co.za) and obtainable by clicking a Learning Programmes indicated in GREEN.
- Past experience has shown that the total value of applications each year, exceeds the available discretionary funds by far. Stakeholders are therefore encouraged to focus on actual needs when preparing applications. AgriSETA reserves the right to lower the limit depending on the availability of funds.
- At its own discretion, AgriSETA may consider higher NQF levels when approving Learnerships.
- All discretionary grants are VAT zero rated.
Application period: 01 September 2017 – 31 October 2017
For further enquiries, please contact Mr Gerard Mamabolo on 012- 301 5607
and all correctly/ properly completed forms should be sent to:
529 Belvedere Road
Learnerships (18.1 and 18.2): 2018-2019LSapplications@agriseta.co.za
New Venture Creation (NVC): 2018-2019NVCapplications@agriseta.co.za
Artisan Development: email@example.com